Junior Software Engineer – Avionics Displays - C++
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Honeywell Aerospace team in Brno. Use your knowledge of engineering fundamentals to complete project tasks regarding applications that are essential for pilots during flight. You will interact with internal customers and team members in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
You will collaborate across teams located in different time zones which will give you chance to learn from each other and grow together.
• Development, verification, and certification of real-time embedded aviation software for the Cockpit Display System in Display & Graphics team.
• The software development includes design, implementation, testing, and documentation of the software in accordance with DO-178C guidelines.
• Responsible for executing pre-defined project subtasks to meet customer specification.
• Ensures own work is completed on time and to specifications.
• Exchange of task level information (system requirements, technical drawings, specifications, etc.) with team members.
• Participation in project meetings and presentations.
• Be part of an agile development team.
• University degree in a technical field
• Knowledge of C++ / C
• Get your hands dirty attitude: you are not afraid to pick tasks with ambiguous definition, start using new technology/development tools and turn them into quick deliveries.
• Advanced command of English language
• Eagerness to learn and proactive approach
• Ability to work in complex aerospace area and learn through experience
• Knowledge of model-based development, implementation of GUI design through OpenGL
• Willingness to travel if needed
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Pearl or Python)
• Knowledge of software configuration management tools (GitHub, BitBucket)
• Ability to seek solution through communication with other team members
• Ability to synchronize with international teams in different time zones
• Requirements-based development attitude
• Agile development approach
• Full-time permanent job
• Being part of an established team with excellent know-how in the aerospace field: https://youtu.be/kefwmEM0eag
• You will be working on a visible part of the aircraft’s avionics: https://youtu.be/7rwmc0sVHu0
• Possibility of being part of a transformation period in an R&D environment: https://fb.watch/gPu9d9bmcA/
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• 25 days of paid time off, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by the employer up to a specific amount or 3 paid to recondition days a year
• Meal allowance
• Online flexible benefits program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.