Functional Safety Engineer - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Functional Safety Engineer to join our Flight Systems team in Brno. Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex and reliable systems like Flight Control System for small, medium and large aircraft within Honeywell Aerospace.
You will be a member of the team creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers (e.g., Pipistrel, Vertical Aerospace, Gulfstream, Embraer, Boeing, COMAC, etc).
Therefore, you will work on key Flight Controls products and could be involved also in other strategic aerospace (incl. space) programs.
• Requirement’s analysis
• Requirement’s decomposition
• Systems architecture design
• Systems validation & verification (per ARP4754 / ARP4761)
• University degree in engineering field
• Knowledge of one (or more) of the following standards: SAE ARP 4754A / SAE ARP4761 / IEC 61508 / ISO 26262 / EN 50129 (safety-critical environment
• Elementary knowledge of FMEA / FTA method
• Advanced command of English language for regular communication with global team
• Relevant systems engineering experience (e.g. in aerospace, automotive, railway industry)
• Knowledge of DO-178 / DO-254
• Your availability to read electrical schematics
• Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
• Multi-tasking and the ability to manage a variety of complex tasks
• Work on interesting R&D projects in aerospace
• Professional growth in system safety domain (ARP4761) within a team of professionals (mentoring by senior members)
• Unique and perspective career path (prospect for growth into System architect or Lead systems engineer)
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.