Advanced Project Engineer – Flight Control Actuation
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for Advanced Project Engineer to join a team developing electronic control units for Electro-Mechanical Flight Control Actuation systems. You will lead a project team developing safety critical and complex products for various types of aircraft belonging to Urban Air Mobility market segment.
In Honeywell Brno, we have been building centre of excellence in Flight control Actuation Systems constituting a huge opportunity to participate in technology edge development projects enabling career growth.
You will be responsible for the project from planning, execution to the controller delivery to the customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the controller development life cycle, including negotiation with customers, estimate creation, planning, design, build, verification, flight test support and certification. You will cooperate closely with global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align the controller design with the system/customer requirements.
• Ensure robust project planning and scheduling
• Do a risk management
• Coordinate and manage technical work executed by development team
• Track project tasks and milestones
• Provide weekly metrics and overall project status
• On monthly basis, provide overall project status to the stakeholders
• Ensure compliance to relevant development processes
• Clear reporting of project highlights, escalations to leadership
• Bachelors/master’s degree in Engineering field (preferably Electronic Engineering)
• 3 years’ experience with leading similar projects (development of product containing electronics), technical background as a technical lead
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision, reliable and committed person
• Excellent command of English language is mandatory (B2/C1) - communication in English (spoken and written) with team located in the US
• Ability to cope with programmatic challenges as you will be working in the emerging environment of Urban Air Mobility
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU or US citizenship.
• Technical Background and knowledge of electronic unit development cycle involving PBA / Mechanical/SW Eng
• Background in Aerospace Industry, knowledge of Standards (DO-178, DO-254, DO-160, ARP-4754)
• Being part of an established team in an area defining a new era of the Aerospace industry
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by the employer up to a specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefits program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.