Junior Software Developer – C, C++ - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a junior Software Engineer at Honeywell Aerospace in Brno. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects – software for control units of Electro-Mechanical Flight Control Actuation systems, Life Support Systems or Environmental Control Systems in an aircraft.
You will become part of a team developing safety critical and complex products for various types of aircrafts.
In Czech Republic, Honeywell has been building center of excellence in Flight control Actuation Systems constituting a huge opportunity to participate in technology edge development projects enabling career growth.
You will encompass the complete software development life cycle including, requirements development, design, code, integration, verification and software certification. You will cooperate closely with global Honeywell resources to develop software align with customers’ requirements.
• Development of the real-time embedded software for aircraft controllers (motor controllers, life support, and environmental control systems) using C, C++ language
• Participation in the following stages of software development: requirements' definition, design, coding, testing and documentation of the software in accordance with aerospace guidelines
• Development of supporting tools.
• University degree in Engineering field with IT/programming background
• Knowledge of programming C/C++ and interest in kicking off your career in embedded development
• Communicate knowledge of English language as you will be in regular communication with colleagues in the UK
• Technical writing skills
• Knowledge of embedded systems design like I2C, SPI etc.
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU or US citizenship.
• Knowledge of aerospace environment (university background in aerospace engineering)
• Experience with Python, MATLAB/Simulink
• Configuration management tools knowledge
• Chance to initiate your career in a multinational environment, and work on a project that is meaningful for the Aero world.
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.