Are you ready to help us make the future?
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
We have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join a team developing control units for Electro-Mechanical Flight Control Actuation systems. You will become part of a team developing safety critical and complex products for various types of aircraft belonging to Urban Air Mobility market segment.
In Honeywell Brno, we have been building centre of excellence in Flight control Actuation Systems constituting a huge opportunity to participate in technology edge development projects enabling career growth.
You will encompass the complete product design and development life cycle including, system concept development, design, build, qualification, flight test support and certification. You will cooperate closely with global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
• Precise specification of control unit’s system architecture and behaviors to satisfy customer requirements.
• Deriving the technical requirements from the customer specification ensuring the compliance of the system and its products to the customer requirement documentation.
• Defining the controller level requirements and decomposing them to electrical hardware, software, mechanical and safety requirements.
• Coordinating all functional groups (Electrical, Hardware, Mechanical, Software, Test Services, Safety, etc.) involved in development and prototype/ serial manufacture of electrical control unit and reporting on system design / development status to internal and external customers.
• Ensuring product compliance with customer specification
You will have an opportunity to work both independently and within a multi-functional team environment. You can also expect a support from areas of expertise and experience when required.
• University degree in Electronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics field
• Your experience with Systems Engineering in area of Electronics development is essential
• Strong technical background and multi-disciplined skills (electrical, hardware, software, mechanical)
• Experience with definition and verification of technical requirements
• Advanced command of English language is mandatory (B2/C1) - communication in English (spoken and written) with global teams
• Self-motivation to learn and grow, ability to work with little supervision, consistent taking the initiative to get things done, doing things before being asked by others or forced to by events
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU or US citizenship.
• Awareness of regulatory standards (e.g. DO-160, DO-254, DO-178) and aircraft system guidelines (ARP4754A, ARP4761, etc.)
• Experience in system level and qualification testing
• Ability to plan and lead projects
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to the changes decided by project
• Your previous working experience from Aerospace will be beneficial
• Being part of an established team in an area defining new era of Aerospace industry
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.