Software Engineer II – Cabin Management System - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly complex software applications within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a small, dedicated team that cooperates on Ovation Select Cabin Maintenance System.
How your role will look like?
Today, business jet travelers need cabin management systems that allow them to stay productive and entertained while they are in the sky. Even during short flights, these travelers require fully digital cabin management solutions that maximizes in-flight comfort, entertainment and productivity. Honeywell's Ovation Select cabin management system (Ovation Select) offers passengers a broad range of cabin entertainment, control and integrated communications to meet the demands of their busy schedules.
The system design, diagnostic tools and global support network keep the cabin management system available. This technology ensures passengers can make the most of their travel time and enjoy their overall in-flight experience.
Find more details here: https://aerospace.honeywell.com/en/learn/products/cabin/honeywell-ovation-select-cabin-management-system
• Design, implementation, testing, integration and documentation of SW based on structured requirements
• Product configuration, testing and documentation based on customer requirements
• Following and improvement of methodologies for SW development and design, improvement of coding best practices
• Communicate issues with stakeholders/team
• Make sure all goals are completed in a satisfactory manner and issues timely communicated.
• University Degree in electronic engineering or information technology or mechanical engineering
• You will use your experience working C++ and/or Java and develop your working experience
• Advanced command of English language for regular communication with colleagues abroad
• Knowledge of the SW development best practices and SW development cycle
• Your knowledge of iOS, Android for mobile devices
• Embedded systems or avionics SW knowledge
• Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
• Organizational and analytical skills
• Self-starter approach, motivated person who is able to takes initiative and able to work independently
• Possibility to participate in the whole development cycle of the product in Brno
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.