Junior Java Developer - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
What you will be doing?
As a Java Developer, you will be cooperating on Aircraft maintenance-related tools that prepare configuration for Onboard Maintenance System and expert system tools that support troubleshooting. We are using modern technologies, Java, React, SQL backend, part of the work involves also advanced artificial reality glasses. Result of your work will not only help to define the future of complex systems troubleshooting, but it will also help secure the safety of the air transportation in the future!
We are using Atlassian toolchain: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo etc. You will work closely with System engineers and V&V engineers, including collaboration with engineering in global locations.
• Gathering requirements for assigned tasks
• SW Development ranging from database backend to UI
• Creation of the new code, no bug fixing or customization of crappy code!
• Integration with other tools and systems of the platform
• Creating Unit tests, verification and validation against requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Computer Science
• Good knowledge of Java
• Communicative level of English
• Suitable also for graduates
• Knowledge of the SQL, React and/or other scripting languages (Python)
• Understanding of the various software architectural patterns
• Understanding software development lifecycle
• Ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Effective communicator
• Ability to gather, analyze and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Innovation mindset
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
• Possibility to travel to the USA
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.