Are you ready to help us make the future?
Our Services & Connectivity SATCOM team in Brno is looking for our future colleague who enjoys working with wireless communication technology.
We are shaping the future of satellite terminals for airplanes and UAVs. You will support satellite terminal development as a system engineer by performing various types of integration tests, writing documents for test, certification, and design. You will perform measurements and system troubleshooting.
You will need to learn lots of new skills related to radios, radio certification, aspects of aeronautical operation environment, and satellite network operation. Eventually you will become an expert in our satcom aerospace product portfolio – look for “ASPIRE”, “Jetwave” or “Small UAV Satcom” on the web for details.
• Writing specifications for test, test equipment design, certification activities and product specification
• Performing lab testing, measuring, integrating, and troubleshooting of airplane satellite modems, amplifiers, antennas within the satellite network
• Learning, reading, trying, and figuring out how to get tasks done
• Present and justify work results to English speakers
• Occasionally travel to external test labs or airplanes
• Helping company colleagues around the globe at the same time as they will be helping you
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field
• English fluency at minimum B2 level
• Interest in radio communication and/or telecommunication
• A passion in finding out how things work
Please note that due to export restrictions, we will only be able to take into consideration applicants with an EU, US or Canadian citizenship
We value if you
• Have a grasp of electrical design work, experience with RF radios is a great advantage.
• Have wide practical experience with IP networking, IP security.
• Are able to read code to get an idea of the function.
• Have Linux command line and scripting experience.
• Have experience with NI toolset (LabView, TestStand)
• Know the basics of aviation technology. Ideally specifics of avionic design, validation, and certification aspects.
• Are not afraid to ask questions, make mistakes, and then figure out how to get things done.
• Enjoy satellite technology overall
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in the aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Fixed 3+2 hybrid work from home
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.