Software Engineer - Surveillance Systems – C++ - AEROSPACE
Join a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly complex software applications within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a small, dedicated team that develops the next generation avionic system. We hope that you will also generate innovative solutions, try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
What you will be doing?
As a Software Engineer, you will be assigned to a dedicated Aerospace Center of Excellence, based on your skillset and experience. Within the given Center of Excellence, you will get trained in a specific domain (Traffic, Collision Avoidance, and Surveillance), will get familiar with organization and processes, and will become part of the established team. Depending on the level of your experience you will be assigned less or more complex tasks, with the provision you become the owner of the specific functionality later on.
The typical size of the SW team counts 4-8 SW engineers and the development environment is typically based on the Atlassian toolchain: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo etc. You will work closely with System Engineers and V&V engineers, including collaborating with engineering in global locations.
• Participate in all phases of the Software lifecycle from concept to deployment:
o Requirement’s definition and capture
o SW architecture and design
o Coding and integration
o Unit testing and V&V
o Certification and in-service support
• Actively contribute to continuous improvements of the process, development methodologies, and products
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Good knowledge of C/C++
• Embedded systems Software and/or Application Software
• Communicative level of English
• Aerospace enthusiasm
• Experience with embedded development
• Knowledge of other scripting languages (Python) – Matlab simulations
• Understanding of the various software architectural patterns
• Understanding software development lifecycle
• Ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Effective communicator
• Ability to gather, analyze and apply new information and concepts
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.