The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are currently looking for an Export Compliance Officer to join Honeywell’s Legal Hub in Prague.
In this position, you will work with top Honeywell leaders to educate on export regulations to ensure Honeywell maintains compliance as a top priority. By using your investigation skills, you will help resolve complex export issues for a Fortune 100 company and liaise with external regulators to ensure that Honeywell has a positive working relationship with these agencies.
Although export experience is welcomed, any candidate with exposure to (or interest in)export, customs regulations or dual-use regulations is encouraged to apply; and in-depth training will be provided.
Please note that due to export control data issues, we can only accept applications from citizens of EU or NATO countries.
Export Compliance Officer Responsibilities
• Manage export controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. You will support business processes for submitting and obtaining all necessary export licenses, permits, and authorizations.
• Establish relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies and support operational processes for assuring compliant application of export controls to Honeywell operations.
• Support the law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
• Leverage customer relation skills to improve Honeywell's partnership with regulatory agencies.
• Bachelor’s Degree (or 3 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree)
• Fluent English (C1 and above)
• Exposure to export compliance through work experience, or an interest in compliance themes and willing to learn
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, well-organized, highly motivated
• Ability to identify and resolve potential problems in a timely manner
• Knowledge of the MS Office suite
• Knowledge of SAP / GTS
• Experience in any one of the following:
- UK export controls
- European Union Dual-Use Regulation
- Military Export Controls
- US Export Regulations (EAR or ITAR)
- Customs Regulation
- Sanctions Compliance
• Fluency in other European languages
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation