Systems Engineer - Flight Controls
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join our Honeywell engineering team working on the modern Compact Flight by Wire system (CFBW) for the revolutionary Urban Air Mobility (UAM) segment. You will be an important integral part of highly experienced systems engineering team developing “a brain” of electric Vertical Take-Off Landing (eVTOL) aircraft supposed to be operating as flying taxies or cargo vehicles (e.g. part of Smart City solutions).
Your main responsibility will be involvement in CFBW system design with focus on SW architecture and SW platform including high level Systems and SW requirements definition, prototyping, simulation, and integration etc.
Enjoy working in agile and friendly global team environment shaping the future in UAM. Looking forward to welcoming you in our highly professional innovative team.
• System/SW requirements definition with a strong focus on SW platform for CFBW system for UAM applications
• Design and analysis of optimal Flight Controls System implementation which follows UAM customer specification and aircrafts configuration
• Design, execution, and analysis of tests for validation and verification of the system functions according to the system and software requirements.
• Collaboration with domestic and international engineering teams and customers
• Following the process, standards, and licenses applicable to the individual CFBW programs.
• Cooperation with Control Systems and SW teams
• Mentoring and overseeing less experienced colleagues' work
• Responsibility for delivery of team's tasks on the project in time and in desired quality.
• Active participation in the agile project decision-making mechanism
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering A strong engineering background in fields such as Aero, Electrical or Computer Engineering and Automation
• 2 years’ experience in system engineering role – experience with defining requirements, development, testing, verification
• Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow environment
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Self – starter, motivation to take initiative and ability to work independently
• Extremely reliable and trustworthy, with the highest ethical and professional standards
• Fluent communication in English
• EU or US citizenship
• Experience with the Aerospace environment is valuable but not the most important. The most important is your passion for Aviation and Aerospace industry
• Knowledge of Aerospace regulatory standards (e.g. ARP4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160B, DO-254)
• Knowledge of programming in any commonly used programming languages (C, C++) and script languages (Perl, Python)
• Knowledge of Automation and Systems Theory/Control Theory is an advantage (controlling algorithms, control loops, PID, automation)
• Experience with Flight Controls
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.