We have an opportunity for an Application Engineer to join our Aerospace Engineering team in Brno.
Honeywell has been an industry leader in data recorders segment for the commercial aviation industry – also known on aircraft as “black boxes.” These critical devices passively collect large amounts of information from multiple sources during each flight – cockpit voice data, communication between pilots in the cockpit as well as between pilots and air traffic controllers, flight data or how the aircraft systems perform in-flight. Flight recorders ensure that, in the event of an accident, investigators can use the data to learn more about the chain of events leading up to it.
As a member of the Flight Recorders engineering team, you will participate in development of new generation of Flight Recorders product portfolio. This does not include Recorders (Black Boxes) only. The portfolio consists of the whole Recorders ecosystem – Hardware, Software, Ground Support Equipment, Infrastructure and Recorders Service as well.
What will be your role?
You will be responsible for Recorders Services. Your main responsibility will be to interact with customers (big airliners, national incident investigation agencies, etc.…) and address their needs. This will be typically request for transcription/inspection services, request for investigation support, request for equipment purchases.
In addition, you will be encouraged to promote our products, support business development activities, collect Voice of Customers and flow the feedbacks back to the product management and development teams. You will be closely working with Product owner, and Recorder’s ground support / infrastructure development team. You will have an opportunity to guide and oversee Recorders product eco-system development and future, allowing you to grow your knowledge and gain quite unique subject domain expertise (flight recorders – cockpit voice recorders and flight data recorders), which in past helped to shape and improve safety of air traffic.
• Supporting Recorders customer and addressing their needs
• Preparing and submitting formal Transcription/Inspection reports to customers
• Collecting customer´s feedback
• Working closely with ground support equipment (GSE) and infrastructure development team
• Defining requirements for GSE and Recorders Services
• Working closely with sales and orders functional team, to secure smooth financial transactions for the Recorders Services
• Participate in defining long term strategies and products roadmap
• Supporting various activities impacting flight recorders
• Degree in Aerospace, IT or Electrical engineering, or related.
• Work experience in the aerospace field
• Experience with customer interactions
• Ability to communicate effectively in English is a must (Minimum level B2)
• Knowledge of project management, SW development processes and standards
• Understanding Agile methodologies
• Basic knowledge of the SW development best practices and SW development cycle
• Basic knowledge of SQL (MSSQL), No-SQL, Python, Java
• Experience with working in team
• Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
• Organizational and analytical skills
• Self-starter, motivated, takes initiative, able to work independently
• Reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards
• Flexible, eager to try and learn new skills
• Interested in working in fast pace, global business environment
• Commitment to develop a long-term professional career in Honeywell Aerospace
• Unique opportunity to work on products that are manufactured by a limited number of companies in the world
• Subject domain expertise and knowledge of more than 60 years in manufacturing and developing data recorders for the commercial aviation industry
• Direct communication/contact with our end customers (Emirates, Ryanair etc.)
• Working with government agencies in case data recovery is needed
• Market specific training and on-going personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.