Systems Engineer - Flight Control and Actuation - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS / FLIGHT CONTROL ACTUATION CONTROLLERS team.
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
We’re applying our technologies in autonomous flight, avionics, electric and hybrid-electric propulsion, detect-and-avoid systems, actuation, flight infrastructure and connectivity to the unique needs of unmanned aerial systems and urban air mobility vehicles.
Learn more here: https://bit.ly/3E1P39l
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Systems Engineer, you will concentrate on the precise specification of control unit’s system structure and behaviors to satisfy customer requirements. You will encompass the complete product design and development life cycle including, system concept development, design, build, qualification, certification and in-service support. In addition to be a key customer contact, you will lead global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
You will be responsible for settling and deriving the technical requirements from the customer ensuring the compliance of the system and its products to the customer requirement documentation. Your previous experience in the gathering the requirements and detail defining will be helpful.
Responsibility for defining the system level requirements includes requirements allocation to El. HW, Mech and SW controller level requirements.
You will be a part of system engineering group coordinating all functional groups (El. HW, Mech, SW, Test Services, Safety, etc) involved in development and prototype/ serial manufacture of electrical control unit and reporting on system design / development status to internal and external customers.
You will liaise closely with System lead engineer and development engineers (HW, SW), manufacturing.
Please note that a degree of working outside of normal business hours and some travelling may occur given the global location of our customers and the Honeywell Corporation.
You will have an opportunity to work both independently and within a multi-functional team environment. You can also expect a support from areas of expertise and experience when required. We will also provide you with a training on Honeywell project management tools.
• University degree in Electrical Engineering ideally with mechatronics specialization
• Experience in Systems Engineering in area of Electronic Control Unit development, preferably in Aerospace
• Experience in gathering and deriving technical requirements of products from customer specification, validating and verifying the system functions according to the system requirements Technical background and multi-disciplined skills (El. HW, SW, Mech)
• You must be eligible to work in the EU or hold US citizenship
• Excellent command of English language is mandatory (B2/C1) - communication in English (spoken and written) with team located in the US
• Self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision, consistent taking the initiative to get things done, doing things before being asked by others or forced to by events
• Knowledge of regulatory standards (e.g. DO-160, DO-254, DO-178) and aircraft system guidelines (ARP4754A, ARP4761, etc.)
• Experience in system-level and qualification testing
• Ability to plan and control projects
• Flexibility and ability to adapt the changes decided by project.
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.