Mechanical Lead Estimator
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Be part of Intelligrated team that is creating conveyor systems for the biggest warehouses and logistics centers in the world.
We are delivering smart conveyor solutions to the nr. 1 retailers and logistic companies in the world. You for sure know the biggest names on the market. Be a part of fast-growing and most prospering business these days related to growing e-commerce area all over the world!
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Mechanical Lead Estimator you will be responsible for design of solution and estimation of the project’s cost. You will apply your expertise and knowledge to find innovative and cost-effective means to meet or exceed customer requests in both new and existing material handling systems in distribution centers.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading North American-based provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Intelligrated solutions give businesses a competitive edge and optimize operational performance through increased flexibility, efficiency and accuracy.
The team is currently rapidly growing in Germany, Czech Republic and Poland, cooperating with US colleagues to successfully expand to EMEA market.
• Cooperation with the Layout team on the technical drawing documentation
• Communication with the customer to identify their specifications
• Identifying the cost of the solution
• Creating highly professional technical and commercial proposals suitable for presentation to the highest levels of management
• Market observation, benchmarking, special marketing activities e.g. fair appearances
• Handling of the complete sales process (Consulting, specification of customer requirements, defining of technical solutions, cost calculation, sales price calculation, preparation of quotations, negotiations, contract review, preparation of order confirmations, order management, support of cost- and on-time order processing, claim management)
• Monitoring compliance with preliminary costing and budget
• Create customer presentations
• Timely processing of inquiries and orders
• General data management and archiving of project data
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical area (mechanical, mechatronic, electrical, electronic etc.)
• 3-5 years of business experience in sales back office, engineering, estimating, concepting, selling, proposal management from engineering company/environment
• Confident appearance in negotiations with customers
• Ability to coordinate actions with other teams (engineering, project manager, layout team, purchase department).
• Ability to work independently in a fast pace and deadline driven environment
• Fluent English
• Industrial automation experience
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• Self-motivation and working with little supervision
• Initiative to get things done before being asked or forced by events
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.