Adv. Mechanical Design Engineer - Next Generation Avionics
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to make the future?
We have an opportunity for an Advanced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Brno location. You will work on mechanical design of high level of complexity. Create new/modify already created mechanical drawings/CAD models and necessary technical documentations within Honeywell Product Data Management (PDM) system.
• Create CAD models and drawings of mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and parts as Gear Train, Electric Motor, Clutch, Chassis …
• Leading and responsibility for assigned tasks and work packages.
• Allocation of PCB boards inside envelope to meet hardware requirements
• Quotation of mechanical tasks within preparation phase of projects.
• Project proposal preparation participation.
• Mentoring of other engineers with lower grade (EI, EII) within technical trainings and projects.
• Regular reporting of performed work.
• Export CAD models from obsolete CAD systems to preferred CAD systems.
• PDM support for Engineering Change Orders - ECO/ECN (drawings, CAD models).
• Drawing release within PDM system.
• Attendance by experimental tests in/out Honeywell.
• Mechanical work in company shop (assembling of designed test jigs, equipment, machining, etc.)
• University degree in mechanical design engineer or in similar field
• 5 years of experience as Mechanical Design Engineer
• Advanced level of knowledge of the following CAD systems is required: PTC Creo Parametric (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens NX and Autodesk AutoCAD.
• Upper-Intermediate level of knowledge of the following PDM/PLM systems is required: Siemens Team Center.
• Good orientation in technical sources and search capabilities of required technical information.
• English – minimum B2 language level (upper-intermediate).
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills to communicate with external/internal customer/supplier
• You must hold EU citizenship in order to meet applicable Export License conditions for given projects
• Upper-Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office – MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point.
• Individual solution of high complexity task issues using engineering knowledge, tools and principals.
• Under supervision, may solve very high complexity task issues using engineering knowledge, tools and principals.
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.