Sr Advanced Systems Engineer - AEROSPACE
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software applications and functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a dedicated team which develops next generation avionic systems, sets standards for new platforms (e.g. UAM) and generally pushes the Aerospace technology industry to the next level. You will also generate innovative solutions, try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities, and you will work closely with demanding customers such as Boeing, Airbus, British Aerospace Engineering, European Space Agency and many others. Results of your work will have direct impact on Aerospace of the future. Does this appeal to you? If yes …
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Be part of a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly complex software solutions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will generate and work on innovative solutions which are essential for our customers in the aviation industry. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will be encouraged to try different and novel ways how to deal with problems and opportunities.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principles and accelerate innovation and growth teaming with the world's most talented engineers.
We invite you to discover why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Our Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) department is expanding the Software engineering team for the Communication product line. In this position, you will be part of the team working on research development programs focused on developing and improving ATN/IPS, ATN/OSI technology.
• Participate in the project planning phase, provide estimates and report status
• ATN/OSI, ATN/IPS architecture, design development
• Develop embedded software (C language)
• Code creation/modification (including debugging and troubleshooting)
• Test cases, procedures, and scripts creation/modification
• Test’s execution
• Documentation creation
• Development and configuration of the development / automatic test environment setup
• Actively contributes to the improvement of the existing concepts and identifies new technological opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Basic understanding of network protocols (IP protocols, no need for ATN/OSI knowledge)
• 6+ years’ Experience with embedded / application software development (e.g., C, C++, SDL) and design / test automation
• Experience with HW, testing (hands-on)
• English – fluent command
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communication skills
• Wide degree of creativity and innovation spirit
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Experience with project planning and effort estimation
• Knowledge of commercial airborne standards including RTCA DO-178B(C)
• Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)
• Working on projects largest companies in Aerospace industry such as Airbus and Boeing
• Possibility to work on next generation technology for communication system for transport aircrafts
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.