Advanced Electrical Design Engineer - Aerospace systems
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for Advanced Electrical Design Engineer to join our MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND CONTROLLERS / COMPONENTS team in BRNO.
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
We’re applying our technologies in autonomous flight, avionics, electric and hybrid-electric propulsion, detect-and-avoid systems, actuation, flight infrastructure and connectivity to the unique needs of unmanned aerial systems and urban air mobility vehicles.
• Participate in the project planning phase, provide estimates and report status
• Architecture and requirements modification/creation
• Certification support
• Mentor/coach junior designers
• Ensure assigned technical tasks are completed on time and within given requirements
• Electrical design of PCB schemes for flight control systems
• Perform simulations and measurements in our well-equipped laboratories
• Specification review performance
• Prepare or update reports and documentation
• Identify areas for technical improvement
• Solid engineering background in Electronics – at least 5 years’ experience
• Ability to make decisions while fully taking responsibility for the associated risks
• You must be eligible to work in the EU or hold US citizenship
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability, self – starter, motivated to take initiative and able to work independently
• Good knowledge of hardware development processes
• Excellent command of English language; Excellent communications skills
• Ability to apply all applicable tools in complex issues solving process
• Experience working in Mentor Graphics
• Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional subject area or sophisticated knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
• Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
• Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
• Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on grounds based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.