Engineering Manager - Aerospace
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to make the future?
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex cockpit applications and functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will lead a team which develops next generation avionic systems, sets standards for new platforms (e.g. UAM) and generally pushes the Aerospace technology industry to the next level. You will also generate innovative solutions, try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities, and you will work closely with demanding customers such as Dassault, Boeing, Airbus, British Aerospace Engineering, European Space Agency and many others. Results of your work will have direct impact on Aerospace of the future. Does this appeal to you? If yes …
What you will be doing?
As an Engineering Manager you will be leading team of individuals responsible for cockpit integration, safety and certification in aerospace projects. Within the team you will work closely with System engineers, Certification and Safety specialists, Software engineers, including collaboration with engineering in global locations. You will oversee team deliveries and provide candid constructive feedback. In daily job you will coordinate team activities towards key project milestones and ensure organizational strategy fulfilment.
• Understand the big picture and translate to the team with reflect to strategy
• Inspire and motivate team members towards outstanding deliveries
• Set goals for your team and ensure its completeness
• Create productive and enjoyable work environment for the team
• Deliver regular performance reviews
• Facilitate and resolve technical discussions
• Communicate with stakeholders and their teams
• Work organization and distribution
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science or management
• Have 5+ years engineering/project delivery experience
• Have track record of successful project delivery as an engineer and team lead
• Have previous experience leading an engineering/project team
• Fluent English
• Experience with complex systems development and delivery
• Experience with driving continuous improvement
• Understanding software development lifecycle
• Effective communicator, Innovation mindset, Continuous Improvement focus
• Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected situation
• Ability to gather, analyze and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of English language
• Senior leaders to support your professional development
• Possibility to travel to the USA
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.