Software Engineering Supervisor - Java
Join our Scrum development team working on creating the best routing platform for aviation – GoDirect Routing Software within Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE). We’re building a routing software based on Debian Linux, that’s not only capable of providing the basic functionality you know from the usual routers, but we utilize our experience in the SATCOM industry to support communication via the satellite systems on board of the aircrafts, 4G connectivity or the airport Wi-Fi. We constantly come up with new features to make the customer experience even better. The software is used on the Honeywell’s CNX-900, GDR and CNX-200 routers, expanding to even more products. Our current products are used for on corporate, VVIP and Head-of-State aircrafts since 2005.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation, and diversity
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
Lead and develop a talented global engineering team of software professionals responsible for the development of Honeywell Software Tools Team’s proprietary engineering tools. You will leverage your technical experience and skills to guide your team in the investigation and solution of challenging technical problems. You will use your leadership skills to motivate teams that are designing new or modifying existing tools. Collaborate with internal customers, stakeholders, and broader engineering teams. You will also balance team workload and drive exceptional team performance with high impact for the business.
• Involve in all phases of software development with a focus on delivering software feature story-points.
• Provide analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
• Attract, retain and develop a high-quality team of Software Engineers for Internal tools development.
• Lead roadmap & strategy for Internal engineering tool development.
• Set clear standards, processes, and objectives; Monitor performance, provide feedback and support individual and team development goals; Effectively prioritize team deliverables and manage workloads across the team.
• Define, implement, refine, and continuously improve the team’s execution based on best practices and lessons learned.
• Design Workload Planning & Execution Oversight
• Bachelor’s degree related to software development
• 9+ years of software development experience
• Design and architecture of full systems.
• Experience delivering software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure services (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS)
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Experience with web application security and understanding of basic cryptography as a plus.
• Making timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Analytical influencer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
• Business travel accident insurance
• Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
• Multisport card - employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
• Global partnerships and discounts - access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.