Systems Engr I - AFCS for Urban Air Mobility
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Support Next Generation Avionics (NGA) and BendixKing (BK) design activities (design, development, verification and validation), primarily Auto Flight Control System (AFCS), for Urban Air Mobility (UAM) and General Aviation markets
Key Areas of Responsibility and Roles:
- Design and model-based development of AFCS systems for UAM nd GA aircraft, including requirements definition (e.g. Auto Pilot, Flight Director, etc.)
- Design and development of analysis and automated tests to ensure validity and to verify functionality against system and software requirements
- Maintenance requirements definition, design and analysis of software monitors used to determine fault reporting, fault isolation, and fault consolidation of the Autopilot Computers/Control
- Modules and various subsystems
- Determination of an optimal design that meets UAM/GA customer requirements and is also scalable and portable to the greatest extent possible to other, future platforms
- Support of upgrades of BendixKing portfolio – autopilots, ADAHRS, attitude indicator, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- EU citizen (most of the projects are under export control)
Professional Skills and Knowledge
- Good command of English language mandatory
- University knowledge of Control Systems
- Experience with object-oriented computer language (C++ or otherwise) and script languages (Perl, Python..) is an advantage
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink is mandatory
- Aerospace enthusiasm or knowledge is a plus
Required skills and personal characteristics
- Analytical ability
- Self – starter, motivated to take initiative and able to work independently
- Extremely reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards
- Good communications skills
- Interested to work in fast paced, global business environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
- Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
- Be a part of a business, which saves lives
- Possibility to participate in projects for number 1 customers all over the world
- If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.