Software Design Engineer – Electronic Test Team - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Software Design Engineer to join our Electronic Test team in Brno. Be part of an agile team that designs, develops and integrates SW part of a test system including test concept definition and SW architecture design. You will have opportunity to actively participate in creation of innovative IT solutions to enjoy the greatness of air traveling. Your goals will be aiming to use state of art technologies and to find novel ways to address business opportunities.
• Work with other software, hardware, and systems engineers during developing and integrating of solutions for functional and environmental tests for Honeywell products as well as for Honeywell customers
• Take part in various phases of SW test development including test requirements definition and test SW integration, generating engineering documentation, planning and tracking of test tasks
• Creation of software engineering documentation
• Responsible for technical detail of tasks into WBS (Work Branch Structure)
• Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and best practices
• Help with innovation and growth in cooperation with your teammates
• Actively support junior colleagues by knowledge sharing
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, automation, or computer science
• 3+ years of experience with software for automated measurements and testing.
• Experience with C, C++ and Python programming languages
• Experience in supporting and cooperating with team members
• Fluent English language knowledge
• You must be eligible to work in the EU or hold US citizenship
• Experience with C# programming language
• Good experience with products for automated measurements from both SW as well as HW areas
• Experience with ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) - design, development, and maintenance
• Advanced knowledge in repository management tools (e.g. SVN, GitLab, Git)
• Ability to analyze, estimate and apply new requirements
• Good understanding of electrical concepts, reading schematics, SW troubleshooting
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability.
• Self - starter, motivated and takes initiative and able to work independently.
• Interested in working in fast-paced, global business environment.
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology under leadership of experienced manager
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.