Systems Engineer II – Urban Air Mobility - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join our Honeywell engineering team working on a modern Compact Flight by Wire system (CFBW) for the revolutionary Urban Air Mobility (UAM) segment. You will be an important integral part of highly experienced systems engineering team developing “a brain” of electric Vertical Take-Off Landing (eVTOL) aircrafts supposed to be operating as flying taxies or cargo vehicles (e.g. part of Smart City solutions).
Your main responsibility will be involvement in CFBW system design with focus on SW architecture and SW platform including high level Systems and SW requirements definition, prototyping, simulation, and integration etc.
Enjoy working in an agile and friendly global team environment shaping the future in UAM. Looking forward to welcoming you in our highly professional innovative team.
The Tech Behind Urban Air Mobility - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5txgIyLkQt8
UK-based Vertical Aerospace has chosen Honeywell’s compact fly-by-wire system for its next urban air mobility vehicle.
Learn about the company’s vision and see its current prototype, the Seraph, in action here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqL2ovnIds&ab_channel=HoneywellAerospace
• System/SW requirements definition with a strong focus on SW platform for CFBW system for UAM applications
• Design and analysis of optimal Flight Controls System implementation which follows UAM customer specification and aircrafts configuration
• Design, execution, and analysis of tests for validation and verification of the system functions according to the system and software requirements.
• Collaboration with domestic and international engineering teams and customers
• Following the process, standards, and licenses applicable to the individual CFBW programs.
• Cooperation with Control Systems and SW teams
• Mentoring and overseeing less experienced colleagues' work
• Responsibility for delivery of team's tasks on the project in time and in desired quality.
• Active participation in the agile project decision-making mechanism
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Engineering A strong engineering background in fields such as Aero, Electrical or Computer Engineering and Automation
• 2 years’ experience in system engineering role – experience with defining requirements, development, testing, verification
• Knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow environment
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Self–starter, motivation to take initiative and ability to work independently
• Extremely reliable and trustworthy, with the highest ethical and professional standards
• Fluent communication in English
• EU or US citizenship
• Experience with the Aerospace environment is valuable but not the most important. The most important is your passion for Aviation and Aerospace industry
• Knowledge of Aerospace regulatory standards (e.g. ARP4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160B, DO-254)
• Knowledge of programming in any commonly used programming languages (C, C++) and script languages (Perl, Python)
• Knowledge of Automation and Systems Theory/Control Theory is an advantage (controlling algorithms, control loops, PID, automation)
• Experience with Flight Controls
• Complex technical development program for our new employees with local and international mentors
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Possibility to become experienced in using outstanding technology
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.