Advanced Developer - Guidance and Navigation with C - HTS
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineer to join our Aerospace team in Brno. Become an integral member of the Brno Aerospace team, developing, and maintaining navigation avionics products. This will involve participation in all phases of the software lifecycle, from concept through to development.
Advanced Software Engineer responsibilities:
• Software architecture and coding in C and C++
• Creating and updating software requirements
• Ensuring the functional requirements, safety and certification criteria are optimally implemented
• Verification and Validation of software
• Software Integration and troubleshooting of embedded platforms
• Responsible for software engineering documentation.
• Responsible for planning and tracking of SW tasks
• Responsible for technical leadership of team members, leading to successful project deliveries
• Closely cooperating with project engineer to define the project SOW (Statement Of Work)
• Responsible for technical detail of tasks in WBS (Work Branch Structure)
• Participate on mentoring, coaching, training, and developing other engineers
• Cooperate with process focals on guidelines and processes improvement, tailoring and definition
• Collaboration with domestic and international teams and key stakeholders
• Engineering bachelor’s degree (software background) in Computer Science, Electrotechnics, Mechatronics or related fields
• 5+ years of experience, with emphasis on software development and testing
• Experience of coding with C at advanced level
• Knowledge of C++ is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of embedded systems development
• Intermediate level of English
• EU citizens are preferred (most of the projects are under export control)
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, etc.)
• Experience with full-cycle product development is an advantage
• Knowledge of Configuration management for software development
• Knowledge of coding standards
• Matlab/Simulink knowledge
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.