Mechanical Design Engineer - Aerospace
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries
Aim of the Position:
· Create new/modify already created mechanical drawings/CAD models and necessary technical documentations within Honeywell Product Data Management (PDM) system.
· Capability to work on mechanical design of medium level of complexity and under leading on mechanical design of higher level of complexity.
· Mechanical work in company shop.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· PDM support for Engineering Change Orders - ECO/ECN (drawings, CAD models).
· Create CAD models and drawings of mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and parts.
· Export CAD models from obsolete CAD systems to preferred CAD systems.
· Drawing release within PDM system.
· Mechanical work in company shop (assembling of designed test jigs, equipment, machining, etc.)
Experience and Education Required:
· High School Graduate – mechanical design preferred
· Position fits for graduates in mechanical engineering with 2 years of experience or others with minimum 4 years’ experience in mechanical design field.
· EU citizen (most of the projects are under export control)
· Intermediate level of knowledge of the following CAD systems is required: PTC Creo Parametric (Pro/ENGINEER) and Autodesk AutoCAD
· Intermediate level of knowledge of the following PDM/PLM systems is required: Siemens TeamCenter
· Intermediate level of knowledge of MS Office – MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Power Point
Professional Skills and Knowledge:
· Individual solution of intermediate complexity task issues using engineering knowledge, tools and principals.
· Under supervision, may solve higher complexity task issues using engineering knowledge, tools and principals.
· Basic orientation in Honeywell Aerospace Procedures (AP) for Mechanical Design
· Good orientation in technical sources and search capabilities of required technical information
· English – minimum B2 language level (upper-intermediate)
· Language communication skills - speaking, email, and phone calls
· Intermediate presentation skills
· Communication with external/internal customer/supplier
Required Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Team player
• Willingness to learn new things
• Willingness to work in a global company with respect to different time zones of company sites
• Respect of company hierarchic organization structure
• Willingness to be mentored
• Good work time management
• Task prioritization identification
• Capability and willingness to travel within and out of the Czech Republic for business purposes (business, training)
• Solid behaviors
• Responsibility for assigned task and deadline
• Meeting participation
• Sometimes make an overtime if situation-project-deadline requires that
What do we offer?
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop in a market leading global organization within the aerospace business.