Mechanical Design Engineer II - PPE - SPS
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer II to join our Safety and Productivity Solutions team in Brno, who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of mechanical products, manufacturing site/quality/marketing support.
Mechanical Design Engineer II responsibilities
• Engineering work:
• Define, design and verify mechanical parts, subassemblies and final products on Value or Component Engineering (cost reduction) as well as sustaining activities (quality problem solving, customization, manufacturing support, etc).
• Preparation of 3D models, CAD drawings, technical files, prototypes, product concept and design, part qualification, user manual updates, internal test reports, etc.
• Apply international standards and Honeywell internal processes.
• Create detailed mechanical design specifications and test/qualification plan. Optimize product for cost and quality.
• Co-operation with colleagues across Europe, Asia and USA in all project development phases (planning, designing, testing and documentation, implementation).
• Co-operation with Product Quality
• Build prototypes and perform functional test
• Communication with internal teams (engineering, marketing, production, sales) and external partners (suppliers, customers).
• Execute product qualification plan and generate test reports prepare BOM and documentation release
• Management of projects:
• Individual handle smaller projects or tasks with limited supervision
• Respond to partners requests in timely manner, provide transparent reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3+ years of validated experience as design engineer in the Mechanical Engineering field
• Experience with SOLIDWORKS, Inventor or CAD
• Fluent English
• Willingness to work with a documentation
• French language is a plus
• Certification ISO: 9001 is a plus
• Ansys is an advantage
• SAP basics knowledge is an advantage
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.