Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation, and diversity
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
HCE provides cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management offerings in a variety of domains such as Buildings, Industrial Plants and Aero enabling customers with faster innovation, efficient operations and maximizing the value of their assets. Powering all the HCE offerings is the underlying platform -- Honeywell Forge which provides an open and extensible foundation to unify operations and leverage the innovative capabilities consistently across the customer business units.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell HCE. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Lead and develop a talented global engineering team of software professionals responsible for the development of Honeywell Software Tools Team’s proprietary engineering tools. You will leverage your technical experience and skills to guide your team in the investigation and solution of challenging technical problems. You will use your leadership skills to motivate teams that are designing new or modifying existing tools. Collaborate with internal customers, stakeholders, and broader engineering teams. You will also balance team workload and drive exceptional team performance with high impact for the business.
• Involve in all phases of software development with a focus on delivering software feature story-points.
• Work with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
• Provide analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
• Attract, retain and develop a high-quality team of Software Engineers for Internal tools development.
• Lead roadmap & strategy for Internal engineering tool development.
• Set clear standards, processes, and objectives; Monitor performance, provide feedback and support individual and team development goals; Effectively prioritize team deliverables and manage workloads across the team.
• Define, implement, refine, and continuously improve the team’s execution based on best practices and lessons learned.
• Institutionalize the development process and provide metrics-based dialogue that ensures superior and focus on continuous improvement.
• Design Workload Planning & Execution Oversight
• Bachelor’s degree related to software development
• 9+ years of software development experience
• Proven experience as a software developer.
• Experience in managing a software development team.
• Extremely strong Java hands-on development skills.
• Design and architecture of full systems.
• Experience in product development.
• Experience delivering software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in building REST APIs.
• Familiarity with build and CI/CD Frameworks and tools including Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, Github/Bitbucket and Docker.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of cloud infrastructure services (e.g., Microsoft Azure, AWS)
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration.
• Experience with web application security and understanding of basic cryptography as a plus.
• Making timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Analytical influencer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
• Market specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.