Advanced Mechanical Design Engineer - Footwear SPS
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Working at Honeywell SPS isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Mechanical Design Engineer III you will partner with world-class engineering and multi-functional leaders to develop new products for protecting the life and safety of workers all over the world, such as smoke and gas detectors, personal protective equipment, hearing protection, etc. Use your critical thinking to mitigate risks, to recognize and eliminate barriers. Use your technical background to ensure innovation is at the center of what we do. Bring the best global thinking to drive commercial success and find leading-edge industrial safety technology in the products, software, and solutions all around you, including at airports, hotels, healthcare institutions, business centers, stadiums, industries, and schools.
Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finding innovative, cost-effective means to improve Products, techniques, procedures, and technologies. You will support the design and development of new ideas and solutions for new product development as well as supporting current products modification and improvements based on in service needs and market strategy. You will support the concept, design and implementation of mechanical parts, subassemblies and final products.
• Designing Footwear product for industries e.g. oil/gas, manufacturing, automotive industry, supermarkets, healthcare, fire departments, Navy etc.
• Product development – expert in materials, in tooling, certification requirements
• Right attitude to work with different factories
• Traveling – up to 10-20 % (mainly Asia and China)
• Cooperation with team, design team, other teams
• Be in the team of innovations
• Building a relationship with customer/s
• Cooperate with VOC – voice of customers (EMEA)
• Mentoring junior members
• Technical documentation
• Mechanical Parts design and support
• Drawing and 3D modeling
• Component and system analysis
• Engineering support
• Technical reporting
• Creates footwear design concepts and executes tech packages
• Selects colors, materials, trimming for new style
• 5 or more years of experience in footwear industry (Industrial Design, Footwear Design, Fashion or Graphic Design
• Understanding of the footwear production process at the factory level - Good communication/presentation skills and work well with others
• Knowledge of materials (leathers , textiles, etc).
• Tooling (outsoles, toecaps etc.)
• Knowledge about packaging, commercialization, knowledgeable about quality in order to verify samples -
• Understanding of the footwear production process at the factory level - Good communication and presentation skills and work well with others
• Fluent in English
• Mechanical Engineering degree
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and other 2D/3D design
• Industrial design talent - Ability to work independently
• Willingness to learn new technologies
• An open, honest and team oriented personality
• Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
• Some experience developing new products or sustaining existing product ranges
• Some experience in a highly regulated or safety critical domain
• Mechanical Engineering degree
• Six Sigma or NPI experiences
• Complex technical learning curriculum for our new employees with local and international mentors
• Mentor/Mentee program that will fit your technical focus
• Friendly and welcoming team who will introduce you all the secrets of Aerospace
• Dynamic and creative work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
• JOB ID: HRD116100
• Category: Engineering
• Location: Turanka 1387/100,Brno,BRNO-MĚSTO,62700,Czech Republic