Sr. Supplier Development Engineer SPS
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership.
Use your advanced knowledge of manufacturing Technology fundamentals to help Honeywell SPS deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. The Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) will work with a global team and along the side of some of the world's most talented engineers. The SDE position will work in a team environment as a key technical resource for the Global Sourcing organization to develop new supply sources and to improve existing supplier capabilities. Responsibilities will include cross-functional program management to qualify new suppliers, develop new suppliers, take NPIs through launch, increase capacity, support systemic supplier improvement, and resolve major supplier performance issues. SDE must have in-depth technical expertise, manufacturing engineering experience, and have comprehensive experience with problem-solving tools.
• Interface with Global Sourcing team to prioritize supplier development needs by commodity to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
• Research external market information and entrepreneurial companies to identify potential sources and suppliers.
• Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes and program manage implementation of supplier within internal team.
• Use your technical expertise and experience to assess new and existing supplier capabilities to meet product, cost, quality, capacity and fulfillment needs.
• Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, advanced APQP tools, supplier scorecards and supplier assessments.
• Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
• Drive business value by developing positive relationships with internal stakeholders and working closely with Global Sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier/engineering, design changes, capacity studies, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transitions.
You Must Have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in manufacturing environment and Integrated Supply Chain
• 3+ years managing and developing suppliers
• Knowledge of PPAP and APQP
• Advanced experience in Plastics/Rubber manufacturing, mechanical or electromechanical products.
• 10+ years experience
• Knowledge of castings and machining processes is beneficial.
• Advanced knowledge of APQP, Process and Capacity improvement tool sets
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Solid understanding of various manufacturing techniques.
• Advanced interpersonal skills managing supplier relationships
• Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time.
• Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean certification is preferred.
• 25-35% Travel Required