Software Design Engineer I - Java+SQL+React - AEROSPACE
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Join a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly complex software applications and functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a dedicated team that develops next-generation avionic systems, sets standards for new platforms (e.g. UAM), and generally pushes the Aerospace technology industry to the next level. You will also generate innovative solutions, try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities, and you will work closely with demanding customers such as Boeing, Airbus, British Aerospace Engineering, European Space Agency, and many others. The results of your work will have a direct impact on the Aerospace of the future. Does this appeal to you? If yes …
What you will be doing?
As a SW Engineer, you will be cooperating on Aircraft maintenance-related tools that prepares configuration for Onboard Maintenance System and expert system tools that support troubleshooting. We are using modern technologies, Java, React, SQL backend, part of the work involves also advanced artificial reality glasses.
The result of your work will not only help to define the future of complex systems troubleshooting, but it will also help secure the safety of the air transportation in the future!
We are using Atlassian toolchain: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo etc. You will work closely with System Engineers and V&V engineers, including collaboration with engineering in global locations.
• Gathering requirements for assigned tasks
• SW Development ranging from database backend to UI
• Creation of the new code, no bug fixing or customization of crappy code!
• Integration with other tools and systems of the platform
• Creating Unit tests, verification and validation against requirements
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Good knowledge of Java
• Communicative level of English
• Knowledge of the SQL is a huge plus
• Knowledge of React is a huge plus
• Knowledge of other scripting languages (Python) is a plus
• Understanding of the various software architectural patterns
• Understanding software development lifecycle
• Ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Effective communicator
• Ability to gather, analyze and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Innovation mindset
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of English language.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
• Possibility to travel to the USA
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.