Sr Enterprise Architect - EiT
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Enterprise Services Data Center & Networks Organization designs, implements, and operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure serving around 110,000 employees, in over 900 locations across 65 plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies to deliver scalable, high-performing, always available infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute, and transact business solutions that utilize cloud-first, automation, analytics, “as a Service”, BIG data, and software-defined.
The Sr. Enterprise Architect – will be part of the HyperConverged Solution Architecture team responsible for developing solutions and conceptual designs that meet enterprise, infrastructure, and security architecture standards and guidelines while meeting the business requirements.
In this position, you will be working closely with Business and IT leadership, internal customers, IT Business Partners, Enterprise Architecture, and IT COE teams. In this position, you will also be involved in helping business modernize their application stack and facilitate moving compute workloads to the public cloud.
In this key position, the Sr. Enterprise Architect Will...
• Help business modernize their applications stack and facilitate moving compute workloads to the public cloud.
• Drive the architecture and enabling technologies strategy for the infrastructure solution architecture.
• Collaboration with IT business partners and business leaders on all initiatives in the domain.
• Provide thought leadership and act as the trusted technical adviser to the business and technology teams.
• Participate in the development of a Reference architecture and technical standards and user guidelines based on industry trends, innovation, and business drivers.
• Provide strong functional thought leadership and consulting in the infrastructure solutions and be an advisor to the business and strategy leads on enterprise and industry best practices.
• Work as part of the Infrastructure Solution Architecture group, as well as IT business partners to convert business requirements into an architecture blueprint and conceptual design, based on the Architecture standards and usage guidelines.
• Work with Enterprise Architecture Review Board for Architecture Governance across various domains.
• Provide input to the technology standards review board and provide governance and guidance for all infrastructure solution projects.
• Partner with Business, IT Business Partners, and Solution Delivery teams to select an approach to implement new and existing projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business-Related Discipline
• Strong technology experience, preferably past delivery lead role experience of multiple technologies including but not limited to VMWare, Windows and Linux O/S, Database, hybrid cloud, hyper-converged infrastructure, common knowledge of security application and data security, and data architectures
• 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
• 5-7+ years’ Solution Architecture experience working within Infrastructure, O/S, Database, VMWare, and HyperConverged infrastructure.
• Proven track record of designing/deployment of Public cloud offerings primarily in AWS and AZURE.
• Proven track record of driving and leading large-scale architectural or delivery projects throughout an entire business through to completion
• Exposure to various aspects of architecture practices: business, application, data, security, infrastructure, and governance Working knowledge of architecture frameworks
• Technical certifications in Public Cloud, VMware, or Hyperconverged space
• Excellent leadership communication and executive presence
• Strong business acumen and customer focus
• Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
• Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
• Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
• Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
• The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers, and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvements
• The ability to translate business issues/requirements and objectives into technical solutions
• Skill in partnering with internal customers at all levels to define problems, identify solutions and facilitate change
• Skill/proven ability to analyse complex problems and break them down into logical, actionable parts.
• Self-motivated, demonstrated bias for action
• The ability to be a change agent and promote positive change in the organization demonstrating a drive for continual improvement and efficiency
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
• Experience in senior executive/leadership engagement
• Ability to manage through organizational change
• Keen attention to detail
• Strong experience working with diverse technology platforms
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Excels in strategic planning and problem-solving skills
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
• Market-specific training and on-going personal development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.