Program Manager – IT Project Management Lead EiT
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
You will provide project management expertise and assure effective delivery of multiple projects within Honeywell IT specifically in the Integrated Supply Chain & Order to Cash portfolios. You will set up project teams and resources, define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. You will oversee root cause analysis and ensure learnings are shared across the organization to improve productivity. You will deploy standardized work, project management methodologies, governance and tools to enable consistent, high quality, agile execution of IT projects. You will provide leadership in improving IT processes and programs. You will partner with Service Owners responsible for Logistics, Transportation Management, Warehouse Management, Labeling Solutions, Trade Compliance, Manufacturing, Planning, Sourcing, or Aftermarket Services to establish the roadmap for future projects that will provide overall business value.
• Provide project management expertise in the development of IT strategy and assure effective delivery of multiple complex projects within Honeywell IT, ensuring both schedule and budget fidelity
• Oversee projects, manage budget and resource plans, and identify and resolve conflicts and dependencies
• Deploy standardized work, project management methodologies, governance and tools to enable consistent, high quality, agile and waterfall project management style execution of IT projects across the Enterprise
• Ensure learnings are shared across the organization to enable higher productivity
• Manage stakeholder expectations by demonstrating and communicating key indicators of improved effectiveness on a periodic basis
• Effectively manage project financials, including purchase orders, internal labor, capital/expense breakdown, actuals, and accurate monthly forecasting to minimize cost variance
• Establish an understanding of the overall portfolio, working closely with peers to ensure end to end accountability
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience managing Programs/large complex projects or High School Diploma with 10 years of experience managing Programs/large complex projects with an emphasis in at least one Integrated Supply Chain area; Logistics; Trade Compliance; Planning; Sourcing; Manufacturing; After Market Services or Order to Cash.
• Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience managing project financials and metrics, including purchase orders, internal labor, capital/expense breakdown, actuals, and accurate monthly forecasting to minimize cost variance
• Some hands-on experience managing projects using agile concepts, practices and tools
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Experience in Agile and Waterfall project management methods
• PMP certification preferred
• Agile certification preferred
• Wide and deep understanding of key project management practices with strong business acumen and customer focus
• Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
• Ability to create business value through project planning and management
• Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams
• Mentor and guide peers on project management standards and tools
• Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
• Ability to navigate through a matrixed organizational structure
• Ability to handle ambiguity; effectively cope with change, shifting gears while handling risk and uncertainty
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.