Mechanical Design Engineer Fall Protection SPS
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Good feeling from well done job? Saving lives just by doing your daily work? Join our Fall Protection team in Honeywell working on groups of life saving products.
We are team of 6 colleagues - Mechanical Design Engineers - participating on development of new products and products lines in fall protection area. Located in Brno, our close collaborative teams are established as well in Germany and Slovakia.
As our colleague - Mechanical Design Engineer - you will be designing and developing new mechanical products and solutions for Fall Protection as well as products modification and improvement based on customer needs and market strategy. The job implies close cooperation with marketing, suppliers, ISC organization, regulatory and certification agencies.
• Define, design and verify mechanical parts, subassemblies and final products on New Products Value or Component Engineering (cost reduction) as well as support sustaining activities (quality problem solving, customization, manufacturing support, etc.) in specific cases.
• Preparation of CAD drawings, technical files, prototypes, product concept and design, part qualification, user manual updates, internal test reports, etc.
• Participate on mechanical design review with all stake holders (global teams and other functions).
• Apply international standards and Honeywell internal processes.
• Create detailed mechanical design specifications and test/qualification plan, create design risk analysis, and lead particular mitigation actions. Optimize product for cost and quality and manufacturability.
• Lead problem analysis to develop new process and product, apply new techniques to solve problem, identify issues and areas for improvement with existing technical process and participation in improvement of our methodology, process and products within work group.
• Co-operation with colleagues across Europe in all project development phases (planning, designing, testing and documentation, implementation).
• Implement new techniques and technologies.
• Communication with internal teams (engineering, marketing, production, sales)
Your qualification & experiences:
• Master Degree in Mechanical Design/Mechanical Engineering from Technical University
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical engineering - developing new products (NPD) or sustaining existing product ranges (preferably metallic construction; or steel, plastic, aluminum parts), experience with end-to-end product development.
• Driving license – occasional business trips within Czech Republic, Slovakia or Germany
• Experience with metal parts, extrusion parts, metallic parts transformation, welding and other machine technology used in engineering
• Good material performance knowledge
• Knowledge in product planning, product costing and manufacturing process capability methodologies
• Very good Computer-Aided Design (SolidWorks or CATIA or Pro-E or other CADs) and drafting skills (SolidWorks is preferred)
• Complete familiarity with the Microsoft Office platform of products required
• Fluent spoken and written English (B2 +)
• Willingness to travel abroad in Europe (10% traveling)
• SolidWorks knowledge
• Process engineering experience
• Experience with manufacturing of products
• Six Sigma knowledge
• Knowledge of DFMEA and other engineering development documents
• High motivation, a self-starter and reliable
• Good communications skills
• Goal and result oriented, precise, responsible, customer focused
• Good inter-personal relationship, team player
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.