Mechanical Design Engineer R&D
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer R&D to join our Aerospace team in Brno, who will be responsible for a variety of task that require the use and application of advanced research methods and tools in order to advance the technical expertise and products of Honeywell Aerospace, at a professional level. Employee fully and independently uses deep technical knowledge to complete projects. This position is responsible for leading the projects with different complexity within the specific technical domain. The employee is acknowledge as an authority in the field of research and development
Mechanical Design Engineer R&D responsibilities:
• Follows the instructions of the supervisor and the project manager.
• Cooperates with the business to creates, evaluates and extends the product lines.
• Ensures the technical project lead and project team supervision.
• Participates on the preparation of new projects (with internal / external customer, grant projects)
• Cooperates on and coordinates the preparation of plans for the projects and programs, defines project milestones and is able to assess the appropriate project costs.
• Participates on the project research and development activities.
• Develops and applies advanced methodologies and technologies to improve products. Provides insight and analyzes risks and opportunities and adjusts product / project plans accordingly.
• Interprets and presents results of work performed and recommends developments for new, broad technologies, and presents final project report to customers and management. Interacts with team to anticipate and resolve the project issues and priorities.
• Provides technical direction and oversight for project team and as an acknowledge authority in the technical area is involved in more projects.
• Participates and defines of novel mechanical concepts to overcome conflicting requirements and challenging technical criteria
• Participates and optimizes selected mechanical concepts to demonstrate the best available performance
• Participates on an evaluation of use of cutting-edge materials and manufacturing processes in cooperation with local experts
• Participates and ensures functionality and manufacturability of final design by engineering analyses & calculations
• Participates and designs of mechanical assemblies and parts and preparation of prototype manufacturing documentation according to internal standards & procedures
• Participate on definition of tests and acceptance test procedures
• Participate on safety & reliability evaluations of electro-mechanical systems
• Provide technical expertise and support to multiple technology development teams
• Participates on business trips.
• EU citizenship due to export control projects
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years of experience
• Professional CAD system knowledge (Siemens NX preferred, but no mandatory)
• Technical writing skills
• Knowledge of written and spoken English
• MS office
• Mechanical / Electro-mechanical systems design experience
• Experience with SW for structural/resistance analyze
• Experience with design of electro-mechanical systems
• Experience with testing test-benches/test stands
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.