Test Engineer II - Fall Protection
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We have an opportunity for a Test Engineer II to join our Safety and Productivity Solutions team in Brno. Test engineer of an accredited SPS testing laboratory is an independent person responsible for FP product tests realization and reporting the results (concept testing, design verification and validation, special tests). Continually fulfills the requirements and obligations for this function defined by the quality manual of the SPS testing laboratory and standard ISO 17025. General responsibility for testing of a fall protection products within the SPS testing laboratory and other responsibilities defined by the quality manual of SPS testing laboratory and ISO 17025.
This person cooperates with international project team and participate in creation of product validation&verification plans, regarding standards requirements and also special internal Honeywell or customer design requirements.
Test Engineer II responsibilities
• Independent V&V design testing of Fall Protection safety products according to the V&V plans or PPE and ISO standards, covering hard goods, soft goods, FP vertical and horizontal system and Combisafe products.
• Accredited testing of a fall protection products within the SPS testing laboratory and other responsibilities defined by the quality manual of SPS testing laboratory and ISO 17025.
• Applying international standards and Honeywell internal processes
• Testing and approving new products, components or sub-assemblies for use in new and legacy products.
• Work with international cross functional team to ensure the proper V&V of the product
• Working in mechanical test laboratories, such as Fall Protection lab, Common lab, Prototyping lab etc.
• Comunication with external laboratories and notified bodies
• Designing test equipment (test stands and test fixtures)
• Making of measured data analysis
• Defining, establishing and promoting test methodologies
• Creating technical reports (test procedure definition, records, results and summaries, certification documents).
• Co-operation with colleagues in Brno as well as at other locations in Europe, USA or Asia.
• Support NPI team, Sustaining team, design verification, VE/CE, NPI &Sustaining quality team and reliability
• Support CAPEX investments process, ideation and implementation, focus on continue improvements in FP lab.
• Support training of new users of FP lab equipments, ensure that equipments are used only by trained persons
• Occastional travel, mostly in Europe
• Technology High School or University of technology - Mechanical or Material Engineering
• Manual work skills
• At least 2 years work experience with product testing or with quality assurance
• Knowledge of test report creation
• Experience with different laboratory test equipment (tensile machine, gauges…)
• Orientation in reading of technical documentation (drawings, BOMs, standards in EN)
• English on level needed for communication within international team
• Knowledge of test report creation is necessary
• English B2 – verbal, written
• MS Excel is essential
• Knowledge of SixSigma tools (capability studies, measurement system analysis,…)
• Electrotechnical education and experience as required for work with electrical devices per par.6 of Vyhláška 50/1978 Sb.
• Material Engineering education
• Experience with test plan and test procedure preparation
• Experience with Microsoft Excel is essential. Experience with Diadem soft.
• Experience with PPE testing, or with climbing
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation