Software Engineer II/III C/C++
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software applications and functions within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a dedicated team which develops next generation avionic systems, sets standards for new platforms (e.g. UAM) and generally pushes the Aerospace technology industry to the next level. You will also generate innovative solutions, try different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities, and you will work closely with demanding customers such as Boeing, Airbus, British Aerospace Engineering, European Space Agency and many others. Results of your work will have direct impact on Aerospace of the future. Does this appeal to you? If yes …
What you will be doing?
As a SW Engineer you will be assigned to dedicated Aerospace Center of Excellence, based on your skillset and experience. Within the given Center of Excellence, you will get trained in specific domain, will get familiar with organization and processes and will become part of the established team. Depending on the level of your experience you will be assigned less or more complex tasks, with the provision you become the owner of the specific functionality later on. Typical size of the SW team counts 4-8 SW engineers and development environment is typically based on Atlassian toolchain: Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo etc. You will work closely with System engineers and V&V engineers, including collaboration with engineering in global locations.
• Participate in all phases of SW lifecycle from concept to deployment:
• Requirements definition and capture
• SW architecture and design
• Coding and integration
• Unit testing and V&V
• Certification and in-service support
• Actively contribute to continuous improvements of the process, development methodologies, and products
• EU/US citizenship
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Good knowledge of C/C++
• Embedded systems SW and or Application SW
• Communicative level of English
• Suitable also for graduates
• Experience with embedded development
• Knowledge of other scripting languages (Python) is a plus
• Understanding of the various software architectural patterns
• Understanding software development lifecycle
• Ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Effective communicator
• Ability to gather, analyze and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of English language.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
• Possibility to travel to the USA
We have 2 openings for 2 candidates on this role with the difference between seniorities:
Software Engineer II
Advanced Software Engineer
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.