Mechanical Design Engineer II – R&D Team
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We are currently looking for a new member for the position of Mechanical Engineer II (mid-level) for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED development team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
How your future role will look like?
Our mechanical engineers in Research & Development team perform a variety of vital mechanical engineering work on assigned projects. Supporting design and development of conveyors, sorters, their components and accessories in accordance with customer needs and valid company procedures
• Design conveyor/sorter systems, components and their accessories according to defined technical input, valid company project procedures and with consideration of the latest state of technology
• Continuously improve product portfolio in terms of fit, form and function, with focus to increase the value for customer
• Optimize newly developed and existing systems and their accessories from the perspective of manufacturing costs and proven technologies primarily available at the company and at approved suppliers’
• Create 3D models, drawings, bills of materials and other types of technical documentation in compliance with internal company procedures and valid engineering standards
• Provide outputs of given tasks in software and systems established by the company in harmony with given rules
• Assist and provide support on building physical parts, prototypes, testing and maintenance inhouse or at customer site if necessary
• Report progress and results of given tasks and any circumstances, which can have negative impacts on achieving set goals and project targets
• Actively research and try to get familiar with the latest state of art in conveyor/sorter systems and in mechanical engineering overall to improve own skills and further increase the competence of the whole team/department
• Bachelor or Master‘s degree in mechanical engineering
• 2-5 years of demonstrated ability in mechanical engineering (automation is plus)
• Knowledge of any common 3D CAD systems, PDM systems and ERP systems
• Ability to read and understand technical documentation and drawings
• Understanding of basic technologies (machining, bending cutting etc.)
• English B2-C2 level or higher
• Group B driving license
• Design for six sigma
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to learn and work independently
• An open, honest and team-oriented personality
• Self-reliance corresponding with level of experience
• Ability to work in an international team of engineers
• Be a part of a project from development to final product
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
• Possibility to participate in big projects for number 1 customers all over the world
• Competitive salary with attractive benefit package
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.