System Engineer II - Aerospace Systems
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have a great opportunity for several experienced, and motivated individuals to join our growing team in Brno. As a system engineer, you will concentrate on the specifications for aircraft Life Support Systems (LSS) /Environmental Control Systems (ECS) and components and document the equipment requirements and how the requirements will be validated and verified using test or analytical methods. You will have an opportunity to work both independently and within a multi-functional team environment. Once you join Honeywell Aerospace, you will spend some time in Yeovil, UK to work closely with local Engineers. We will also provide you with training on Honeywell project management tools.
• Responsibility for definition of system or components level requirements, based on customer requirements
• Take ownership and lead all aspects of the complete LSS/ECS system or component development life cycle: systems/ component requirements collection and management, air systems design, support to air systems modeling, performance testing, and interpretation of test results. You will report on system design/development status to internal and external customers
• Creation of design specification, verification and validation reports, and the review of another engineering technical data
• Work closely with program management, design, development engineers, and manufacturing as and when necessary.
• Work according to the needs of the program and the organization
• Develop relationships with customers, both internal and external, and use careful communications to ensure project needs are met
• Bachelors/master’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics)
• 2-3 years’ experience with design specification creation or development lifecycle preferably from the Aerospace industry
• Standout colleague, self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision, consistent taking the initiative to get things done, doing things before being asked by others or required to by events
• English B2/C1 – 100% communication in English (spoken and written) with the team located in the UK
• Ability to communicate across boundaries
• Ability to work from home due to COVID on-site work restrictions and proactively stay engaged and on-task is required (until further notice when transition to on-site work is required).
• Knowledge of thermodynamic and fluid dynamic in practice, experience with air management systems as a great plus
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how In the aerospace field
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.