Systems Engineer II - Environmental Control Systems - Aero
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are looking for a new team member for Senior Systems Engineer II to join Honeywell Aerospace.
From Apollo to the Mission to Mars, we keep astronauts alive and comfortable on their journey. Honeywell is a leader in environmental control and life support systems with over 500 million aircraft flight hours logged since 1945 and 35,000 flight hours in space. Our proven air and thermal systems include Environmental Control Systems (ECS), Cabin Pressure Control Systems (CPCS) and On-Board Oxygen Generation Systems (OBOGS).
As a Systems Engineer, you will concentrate on the precise specification of the control unit’s system structure and behaviors to satisfy customer requirements. You will encompass the complete product design and development life cycle including, system concept development, design, build, qualification, certification and in-service support. In addition to be a key customer contact, you will lead global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
You will be responsible for settling and deriving the technical requirements from the customer ensuring the compliance of the system and its products to the customer requirement documentation.
Your previous experience in gathering the requirements and detail defining will be helpful.
Responsibility for defining the system level requirements includes requirements allocation to electronic controls and component level requirements.
You will report on system design/development status to internal and external customers.
You will liaise closely with program management, design, development engineers, manufacturing and customers as and when necessary.
You will handle your time according to the demands of the program and the department.
Please note that a degree of working outside of normal business hours and some traveling may occur given the global location of our customers and the Honeywell Corporation.
You will have an opportunity to work both independently and within a multi-functional team environment. You can also expect a support from areas of expertise and experience when required. We will also provide you with a training on Honeywell project management tools.
Between your daily task will be: requirements analysis, requirements decomposition, systems design, model based development system design, systems integration, systems validation & verification, customer interaction, project oversight, project coordination, budget/schedule responsibility.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering
• 2-3 years experience at role in Aerospace (specifications creation or minimum 1 year experience from relevant environment
• Experience with requirements (direct flowdown, decomposition, derived requirement requirements validation and verification, certification, standards, processes)
• Fluent English - B2/C1 level
• EU citizen (export control license)
• Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
• Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
• Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
• Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
• Some engineering experience
• experience with systems
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.