Sr Advanced Electrical Design Engineer - Aerospace Systems
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for Sr. Advanced Electrical Design Engineer to join our AEROSPACE PLATFORM for MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND CONTROLLERS / COMPONENTS team in BRNO.
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
We’re applying our technologies in autonomous flight, avionics, electric and hybrid-electric propulsion, detect-and-avoid systems, actuation, flight infrastructure and connectivity to the unique needs of unmanned aerial systems and urban air mobility vehicles.
• Participate in the project planning phase, provide estimates, and report status
• Architecture and requirements modification/creation
• Certification support
• Act as a Electronic hardware lead
• Mentor/coach junior designers
• Ensure assigned technical tasks are completed on-time and within given requirements
• Actively identify new technological opportunities that will help achieve incremental or step-change improvements
• Electrical design in analog/digital or power supply domain
• Simulations, analyses and real-time measurements in our laboratories
• Maintenance of PBA life cycle together with probable improvements
• Collaborate with engineering teams
• Perform specification review
• Exchange task level information
• Prepare or update reports and documentation
• Identify areas for technical improvement
• Ensuring we are aligned with the latest Honeywell’s roadmaps of hardware development, new technologies, or re-usable designs
• Do you like mentoring and sharing Lessons Learned with other peers? Then you already are one of us!
• Solid engineering background in Electronics – at least 5 years’ experience
• Ability to make decisions while fully taking responsibility for the associated risks
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability, self – starter, motivated to take initiative and able to work independently
• Good knowledge of hardware development processes
• Excellent command of English language; Excellent communications skills
• Ability to apply all applicable tools in complex issues solving process
• Experience working in Mentor Graphics
• Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional subject area or sophisticated knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
• Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
• Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
• Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
• Complex technical development program for our new employees with local and international mentors
• Mentor/Mentee program that will fit your technical focus
• Design for Six Sigma Certification // Green belt
• Very well-equipped laboratory which every designer will enjoy
• Friendly and welcoming team who will introduce you to all the secrets of Aerospace Electrical Design practices
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on grounds based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.