Electrical Design Engineer II - Aerospace systems
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for Electronic Design Engineer II to join our AEROSPACE PLATFORM for MECHANICAL SYSTEMS AND CONTROLLERS / COMPONENTS team in BRNO.
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
We’re applying our technologies in autonomous flight, avionics, electric and hybrid-electric propulsion, detect-and-avoid systems, actuation, flight infrastructure and connectivity to the unique needs of unmanned aerial systems and urban air mobility vehicles.
• Electrical design in analogue/digital or power supply domain
• Simulations, analyses and real-time measurements in our laboratories
• Maintenance of PBA life cycle together with probable improvements
• Collaborate with engineering teams
• Perform specification review
• Exchange task level information
• Prepare or update reports and documentation
• Identify areas for technical improvement
• Ensuring we are aligned with the latest Honeywell’s roadmaps of hardware development, new technologies, or re-usable designs
• Do you like mentoring and sharing Lessons Learned with other peers? Then you already are one of us!
You must have
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering
• At least 2 years of proven experience as an Electrical Design Engineer / in electronic development (analog/digital HW)
• You must be eligible to work in the EU or hold US citizenship
• Proven experience in electrical design engineering segment, AERO domain is not a key – we will train you
• Meet or become eligible for security/export requirements to work on US and Canadian programs
• Written, verbal and presentation skills that will support your ideas, at least on English level B2
• Experience working in Mentor Graphics
• Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional subject area or sophisticated knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
• Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, by consistently taking the initiative to get things done
• Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
• Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
• Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
• Complex technical development program for our new employees with local and international mentors
• Mentor/Mentee program that will fit your technical focus
• Design for Six Sigma Certification // Green belt
• Very well-equipped laboratory which every designer will enjoy
• Friendly and welcoming team who will introduce you to all the secrets of Aerospace Electrical Design practices
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on grounds based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.