Mechanical Design Engineer II
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Honeywell Aerospace team in Brno. In this position you will be working under the direction of the Systems Engineer and Mechanical Engineers (based in Yeovil, UK) utilizing NX CAD Software. You will create 3D CAD models and assemblies in support of proper design at the component or subsystem level on Environment Control System (ECS) or Life Support System (LSS). You will also work closely with the product definition team and drawing technical validators (i.e. stress engineers, performance engineers, reliability engineers and project engineers to ensure quality of drawings and tracking of drawing release per program schedule. Once you will start work for us you will spend some time in Yeovil, UK to work closely with local Engineers and get training on ECS / LSS.
• Provide 2D (raster type) and 3D design support utilizing Siemens NX Solid Modeling Software
• Work closely with Systems and Mechanical Engineers
• Provide engineering rational for required changes and theirs impact on customer design requirements
• Produce designs that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, legislation and timing
• Maintain and revise existing drawings & models
• Understand Manufacturing & Assembly techniques, GD&T, and industry drafting standards
You Should Have
• EU/US Citizenship
• Bachelors/master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or Aircraft Design
• Minimum 2 years experiences with Team Center (preferred)
• Minimum 2 years experiences with Siemens NX Drawing development/creation (required)
• English B2/C1 – 100% communication in English (spoken and written) with team located in the UK
• Ability to communicate across boundaries
• Ability to work from home due to COVID on-site work restrictions and proactively stay engaged and on-task is required (until further notice when transition to on-site work is required).
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced with novel HON products and be part of new growing team
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status