Software Engineer I
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Software design engineer to join our Honeywell Aerospace team in Brno. Use your knowledge of engineering fundamentals to complete defined project tasks regarding applications that are essential for pilots during flight. You will interact with internal customers and team members in order to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications.
• Responsible for executing well-defined project subtasks to meet customer specifications.
• Development, verification, and certification of real-time embedded aviation software for Cockpit Display System in Display & Graphics team.
• Development of prototypes for research projects and their transfer to product development.
• The software development includes the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of the software in accordance with DO-178B guidelines.
• Ensures own work is completed on time and to specifications.
• Exchanges task level information (system requirements, technical drawings, specifications, etc.) with team members.
• Participation in project meetings and presentations.
• Bachelor´s degree
• Knowledge of C / C++
• Advanced command of English language
• Knowledge of Windows/Unix scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)
• Knowledge of graphics tools is a significant plus
• Motivated to develop a career in the Aerospace industry
• Team player
• Self–starter, motivated and takes initiative, and able to work independently
• Reliable, trustworthy and highest ethical standards
• Communication and presentation skills
• A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
• Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, disability, ethnic or racial origin, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.