You will be responsible for ensuring past due and collection metrics are achieved on a moderately complex portfolio of accounts. Activities include establishing and maintaining contact with customers concerning past due invoices, payment trends, resolution of disputed invoices, and other matters related to receivables.
• Daily follow up on overdue debts by telephone and email
• Assisting the Cash Team with allocation of payments
• Work with customers to expand electronic invoicing and Direct Debit
• Processing and generating reminder emails and account statements
• Ensuring that all account settings are daily reviewed and maintained in cooperation with customer master team
• Daily and month end reporting and account reconciliations
• Periodic reviews of customer's payment performance
• Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting, or related field
• Fluent in Spanish
• Fluent in English
• Team-work ability
• Critical thinking and strong analytical mind-set
• Proactive approach, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Motivated and dedicated approach
• Finance Background or relevant experience in customer care or collections environment
• Open Minded
• Knowledge of SAP or another major Financial ERP system - preferred
• Ability to work in a multicultural team environment
• Fair knowledge of accounting principles.
• Good organization skills with a pro-active attitude.
• Strong reconciliation and analytical skills.
• Multifaceted and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of English language.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.