Supplier Quality Engineering Supervisor
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire an exciting, meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineering Supervisor to join our Safety Productivity Solutions team in Brno, Czechia.
Join our team and support multiple major sites in Europe and North Africa located in including - Eichenzell Germany, Partizanske Slovakia, and sites in France, UK, Sweden, Norway. Lead the development and management of Supplier Development/ Supplier Quality Engineering methodology in multiple sites within region and suppliers globally.
Train, mentor, and use Quality tools such as PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), Six Sigma to drive supplier improvement.
Supplier Quality Engineering Supervisor responsibilities:
Participate and lead CE and VE projects to drive cost savings and compliance to Quality requirements across regions
Champion Problem resolution culture and work with team (internal and external) to resolve supplier issues.
Execute Product Stewardship (e.g.: REACH/ROHS, Prop 65, CE Regulation etc.) responsibilities to appropriate supply base as needed
Drive Supplier Engineering metrics such as Cost of Poor Performance, Supplier PPM, Delivery (OTTR), Productivity and Lead Time as needed within the regional supply base to deliver results
Assist Sourcing and Supplier Engineering leadership in Supplier selection, verification, development of suppliers globally. Create and implement robust continuous improvement and training programs for SQ/SDE team.
Work within the regional commodity management team to improve supplier quality, delivery, and performance for direct material suppliers
Ensure material and supplier readiness for all NPI products.
Engage with the NPI teams as needed to assist with NPI supplier metrics
Guide supplier/team in resolving issues with manufacturing technologies such as Rubber, Leather, Clothing Apparel, Footwear, Injection Molding, Stamping, Electro-mechanical devices etc.
- Education in the field of engineering (Bachelor or Master degree)
- Proven experience in Supplier Quality Engineering /Supplier Quality Development field
- Effective communicator, fluent in English language
- Proven experience working in NPI environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
- Experienced in Automotive industry OR demonstrated understanding of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) processes and implementation
- Knowledge of German and French a plus
- Experience working with suppliers in various time zones
- Experience dealing in multisite environment and managing requirements of multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in Leather and Clothing industry a plus
- Experience with ISO standards and supplier quality auditing.
- Strong background in lean six sigma and statistical process control, DOE, capability analysis (Cp, Cpk).
- Dynamic and creative international work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
- Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
- Daily use of foreign languages.
- Flexible working hours.
- Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.