Advanced Optics Engineer
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are currently looking for an Advanced Optics Engineer to work on developing products for gas leak detection using n.1 technologies on the market.
The future is what we make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, futurists, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Your key responsibilities
• Research gas and solid-state lasers, infrared, masers, and other light-emitting and light-sensitive devices
• Design optical components, provide and maintain optical models for embedded products
• Build test plans and loops
• Ensure technical tasks are completed timely and within given requirements
• Work based on selected methodology (e.g. Scrum)
Your contributions to the team
• Ensure the manufacturing and maintenance of optical components in products
• Mentor other team members
• Participate in technology roadmaps
• Evaluate and handle integration issues with multi-functional teams
• Support project planning, provide estimations, identify risks
• Technical education (engineering, optics, physics, etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with the design of optical systems, building optical systems for measurement purposes
• Experience with production set up of (electro)optical or optomechanical systems
• Advanced level of English language knowledge
• understanding of math and physics
• Proficiency with optical design and analysis tools (Zemax)
• Ability to take measurements
• Understanding of embedded systems
• Basic knowledge of electronic circuits
• Competitive salary
• Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using unique technology
• Being part of a business, which saves lives
• Possibility to participate in projects for number 1 customers all over the world
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.