Lead Enterprise Architect
Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) dynamically expands its activities in research and development (R&D) centre in Brno, Czech Republic. Established in 2003, this is the largest R&D centre in Europe for Honeywell. Our engineers and scientists develop products and technologies that are linked to our business units: Aerospace, Automation and Controls Solutions and Transportation Systems.
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Enterprise Services Compute and Connectivity Platform Organization designs, implements, and operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure serving around 110,000 employees, in over 900 locations across 65 plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies to deliver scalable, high performing, always available infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute and transact business solutions that utilize cloud-first, automation, analytics, “as a Service”, BIG data, and software-defined.
The Lead Network Architect position within the Connectivity team is a key role in the development, delivery implementation, and support of data network solutions over the global Honeywell network infrastructure.
• Develop architectural standards and designs which drive consistent, enterprise networking emphasize on next-generation wireless networks
• Develop a plan for Software-defined Access journey, and a consistent campus/branch networking architecture
• Accelerate the consolidation and efficiency of LAN/Wireless LAN over a single network infrastructure that is efficient and meets the connectivity requirements at all remote sites
• Drive the transformation of legacy services to contemporary solutions using software-defined networks, virtualization, automation, orchestration, segmentation, and edge intelligence
• Develop compelling business cases around problems, risks, benefits, and business outcomes with the financial justification required to execute
• Develop network solutions that meet or exceed cybersecurity, compliance, and regulatory requirements of the business and our customers
• Drive network optimization and automation opportunities, help operations teams with rollout and upgrade plans
• Provide authoritative advice during important ‘Go-Live’ activities of new deployments
• Participate in large scale, multi-functional projects, including product development, merger and acquisition, and divestiture activities, with an open and creative attitude passionate about delivering business outcomes
• Act as a trusted advisor with businesses, internal teams, supplier partners, end-users, and solution providers to ensure processes and tools are in place
You must have
• Bachelors’ Degree
• 5+ years’ IT Infrastructure experience managing, securing, operating, and supporting network/voice services with a strong focus on Campus/Local Area network including wireless technology platforms
• 2 years of experience providing architectural mentorship, defining network infrastructure standards, experience operating large, sophisticated, business critical and revenue impacting LAN/WLAN environments
• Practical working experience with automation, software-defined, highly available, and scalable solutions
• Experience developing technology roadmaps, blueprints, and tactical to strategic execution plans
• Experience operating large, complex, business-critical, and revenue impacting local area networks
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge with 50%+of the following data center networking technologies: VXLAN, Spine and Leaf architecture, APIC, controllers, Routing Protocols, Stateful Firewalls, Quality of Service, SD-Networking, Network Functional Virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing, Wireless, Load Sharing, VLANs, Segmentation, ACI, Application and Traffic Engineering, ITIL, Incident and Problem Management
• Experience with ServiceNow or another similar formal Service Management platform and/or methodology
• Effectively demonstrates the ability to deliver on sophisticated situations or problems without mentorship or supervision
• Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
• Ability to translate business issues/requirements and objectives into technical solutions
• Programming, scripting, developing code on Unix using API's, python or equivalent is a plus
• CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, ITIL, Six Sigma certifications a plus
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Competitive salary
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.