Mechanical Design Engineer II lvl - Fall Protection
Honeywell Safety Products (HSP) is part of the Honeywell Industrial Safety (HIS) business, and one of the most diversified manufacturers of Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the world. We provide the broadest line of PPE available - from body protection with shoes and gloves to fall protection, hearing protection or eyewear. Our goal is to enhance worker safety, improve productivity, and create confidence in both the workplace and the market place.
Good feeling from a job well done? Saving lives just by doing your daily work? Join our Fall Protection team in Honeywell working on groups of life saving products.
We are a team of 9 colleagues, 7 Mechanical Design Engineers and 2 Testers participating on development of new products and product lines in fall protection area. Located in Brno, our close collaborative teams are established as well in Mexico and China.
As our colleague - Mechanical Design Engineer - you will be designing and developing new mechanical products and solutions for Fall Protection as well as product modifications and improvements based on customer needs and market strategy. The job implies close cooperation with marketing, suppliers, ISC organization, regulatory and certification agencies.
• Define, design and verify mechanical parts, subassemblies and final products on New Product Introductions (NPI), Value or Component Engineering (cost reduction) as well as support sustaining activities (quality problem solving, customization, manufacturing support, etc) in specific cases.
• Preparation of CAD drawings, technical files, prototypes, product concept and design, part qualification, user manual updates, internal test reports, etc.
• Participate on mechanical design review with all stake holders (global teams and other functions).
• Apply international standards and Honeywell internal processes.
• Create detailed mechanical design specifications and test/qualification plans, create design risk analysis and lead particular mitigation actions. Optimize product for cost and quality and manufacturability.
• Perform component and system level structural analysis and detailed tolerance analysis.
• Lead problem analysis to develop new processes and products, apply new techniques to solve problems, identify issues and areas for improvement with existing technical processes and participation improvement of our methodology, process and products within work group.
• Co-operation with colleagues across Europe, Asia and the USA in all project development phases (planning, designing, testing and documentation, implementation).
• Implement new techniques and technologies.
• Communication with internal teams (engineering, marketing, production, sales) and external partners (suppliers, customers).
• Active participation in technical strategic planning and innovation programs.
Your qualification & experience:
• Master Degree in Mechanical Design from Technical University
• Minimum 2 years experience of developing new products (NPD) or sustaining existing product ranges (preferably metallic construction), experience with end-to-end product development.
• Driving license – very welcome due to often business trips within the Czech republic, Slovakia or Germany
• Experience with metal parts, extrusion parts, metallic parts transformation, welding and other machine technology using din engineering
• Good material performance knowledge
• Good knowledge in product planning, product costing and manufacturing process capability methodologies
• Very good Computer-Aided Design (SolidWorks or CATIA or Pro-E or other CADs) and drafting skills (SolidWorks is preferred)
• Complete familiarity with the Microsoft Office platform of products required
• Fluent spoken and written English (B2 +)
• High motivation, a self-starter and reliable
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Goal and result oriented, precise, responsible, customer focused
• Good inter-personal relationship, a team player
• Should be willing to travel abroad as required
• Dynamic and creative international work environment.
• Competitive salary.
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages.
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.