Sr Contracts Representative
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us shape the future?
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a global leader for products and technologies that are installed in more 10 million buildings worldwide. These offerings enable building owners to stay connected and in control of comfort, lighting, security, fire systems, and support building owners and occupants to ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Honeywell also is a pioneer in the Internet of Things, developing the next generation of connected offerings.
• Negotiate, review & draft a broad range of commercial agreements, including supply, sales, marketing, distributor & sales agent agreements, licensing & procurement agreements;
• Support the Sales Team in bidding processes especially at complex public bidding procedures;
• Participate as a key member of the negotiating team in contract discussions with customers and suppliers;
• Coordinate with other Honeywell functions to obtain input relative to their areas of expertise, consolidate and incorporate issues of concern into risk containment recommendations;
• Resolve contractual issues during negotiations and coordinate dispute resolution;
• Support Back-Office, Finance and Working Capital Teams in order acknowledgements, claim management, getting receivables in and bank guarantee procedures;
• Supporting M&A activities; due diligence and basic M&A documents;
• Provide experienced advice and guidance to various functions;
• Promote compliance with all Honeywell policies, including those relating to the approval of Sales Agents, Competition Law, Export Control and the Schedule of Executive Approvals, update intranet sites with standard documents. Conduct contracts - and compliance training programs throughout the region;
• Liaise with other contract managers and general counsels throughout the Honeywell group.
• Law degree and any additional legal or commercial education is a bonus;
• At least 4 years’ experience with a law firm and/or commercial business or industry, preferably large companies in construction or technology industries.
• Exposure and experience dealing with different jurisdictions such as e.g. the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, US;
• Superior English drafting and negotiation skills (both oral and written). Proficiency in other European languages, preferably in German, would be helpful;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Strong intellectual capacity & work ethic along with a high personal standard of excellence and strong communication skills;
• A proactive and enthusiastic mindset;
• An insatiable curiosity and interest in international business;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently under general instructions and take the initiative when required within a high volume /fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-national, team environment.
• Dynamic and creative international work environment;
• Competitive salary;
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities;
• Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
• Daily use of foreign languages;
• Expert leaders to support your professional development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.