The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us shape the future?
Innovate to seek the world's most meaningful challenges
We have an excellent opportunity for an Embedded C Software Engineer specializing in the architecture and design of embedded firmware developing products for Honeywell at our Brno site. There is no better time to join us, showcase your skills, and play a key part in advancing our offerings, market presence, and environment.
Join a team that designs, develops, and integrates highly sophisticated software applications within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of a team to achieve the completion of goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to face the challenges and meet opportunities.
What you will be doing?
• You work in an Agile environment and participate in all phases of design from concept to deployment (Requirements and design, Software architecture and coding, Integration, Certification, Customer Support).
• Provide innovative designs and develop platforms and products from specification through to final manufacture in accordance with the relevant regulatory and company standards.
• Own and drive your piece of the software development project.
• Provide software design mentorship where appropriate.
• You will collaborate with engineers and developers from around the globe.
• Participate in the collection of customer feedback during the entire product development phase, feedback analysis, and implementation of follow-up changes.
You must have
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject area, or equivalent qualification. Experience may be taken in lieu of other qualifications.
• Experience of platform design and end-to-end system architecture.
• Embedded firmware architecture & design experience.
• Experience in programming with C.
• Self-starter, motivated, and able to take appropriate initiative with minimal direction.
• Willingness to work on military projects as well as civil projects.
• Strong communication skills and analytical ability.
• Self-starter, motivated, and must able to work independently.
• Very reliable, honest, with the highest ethical standards
• Good understanding of the various software architectural patterns.
• Understanding various software development lifecycle.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high-quality software.
• Knowledge of software configuration management and practices of organizational change.
• Good communication skills, written and verbal, including communication of architecture and design.
• Can quickly analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts.
• Ability to consistently make accurate decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing detailed analysis with decisiveness.
• Ability to convey subtle or polished messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
• Knowledge of recent software development practices is an added bonus.
• Experience with project planning and effort estimation are advantageous.
• Knowledge of standards including RTCA DO-178B(C) is advantageous.
• Experience with software design tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect) is a plus.
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python).
• Knowledge of software configuration management tools (e.g. ClearCase, SVN, Git).
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.