The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. All of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
This role serves as the leader of the Aero and SPS trade compliance function in Europe. The role oversees a team to ensure compliance with the numerous trade rules governing the import and export of Honeywell goods in Europe. In addition to supervising trade professionals In Europe, the trade compliance leader shall oversee and implement best practices in trade compliance, develop exemplary customs compliance programs that minimize duties and costs, handle customs brokers, provide technical support on all customs-related matters, and reinforce compliance requirements via audit and assessment. The position facilitates Honeywell’s relationship with customs authorities in Europe, provides strategic guidance and works with our brokers to drive best practices. A key aspect of this role is ensuring the team operates efficiently and delivers outstanding results by embracing digital tools and using data-driven metrics to demonstrate success.
• Lead European trade compliance team.
• Provide strategic leadership, vision and organizational structure / development to complement and improve a strong trade compliance culture.
• Work together with other functions and businesses to ensure that Honeywell’s businesses transact in compliance with all applicable trade regulations and procedures.
• Develop and implement trade procedures, practices, and goals necessary for attaining Honeywell objectives.
• Lead and support government, customs and internal audits including developing new tools/processes to be used to monitor all kind of customs related audits.
• Assess impact of regulatory changes on Honeywell and drive/implement changes as appropriate.
• Coordinate training to achieve trade compliance within other functional areas that impact international trade transactions such as Finance, Sourcing, etc.
• Look after the integration of acquisitions into the established import / export processes in Europe.
• Oversee Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Performance in Europe to ensure high level of accuracy of import and export declarations along with timely processing time.
• Engage with Logistics COE and ISC Leaders to implement strategies in order to minimize cost and cycle time related to international transactions.
• Identify risks and challenges, implement appropriate solutions for ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
• Monitor key performance indicators and ensure alignment with the expectations of the various businesses.
• Ensure continuous positive cost/benefit balance of special customs programs such as FTZs, bonded warehouse operations, Inward processing relief (IPR), Outward processing relief (OPR), etc.
• Explore and avail all FTA benefits across Europe.
• Support any existing or new security and customs programs and maintenance of authorizations (CTPAT and AEO).
• Support Brexit and minimize its impact to HON.
• Support SAP / GTS and other trade tools deployments.
You Must Have
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 8+ years of direct import and export compliance experience in a major corporation (preferably multi-national) or with a service company (consulting firm, customs brokerage).
• Confirmed ability to lead a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio, Adobe Acrobat.
• Working knowledge regarding the service capabilities, roles and responsibilities of customs brokers, freight forwarders and logistics service providers.
• Research and technical customs skills including use of Customs and other relevant agency regulations Commodity codes, Explanatory Notes, rulings, court cases, country of origin and customs valuation, as well as detailed knowledge of entry processing, international freight industry standards and practices, and Incoterms.
• Experienced in drafting formal customs correspondence.
• Skilled with special customs programs (GSP, Civil Aircraft, bonded warehouses, IPR/OPR etc.).
• Knowledge of audit and assessment procedures and evaluation of internal controls.
• Ability to perform with urgency and with the highest levels of integrity.
• Strategic thinker with confirmed leadership skills.
• Global mindset, experience in a matrixed organization, strong focus on teamwork, and ability to achieve consensus through influencing skills.
• Focused, selfless leader with the dedication to hire, train and develop outstanding talent.
• Demonstrated ability to set stretch goals, create and sustain energy and focus. This includes mentoring and motivating team members.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues on all levels. Must proactively recognize and solve complex cross-functional program issues.
• Excellent skills in organization, prioritization, and negotiation; must excel under pressure.
• Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work independently in producing results.
• Knowledge of SAP/GTS and other trade tools would be highly valued.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.